Shaping Education & Policy - The Closing Café: Making Your Mark on The Futures We Choose
Date Friday, Nov 24 Time – Room Potsdam III
Calling all pioneers! Join us in a dynamic, interactive closing session that promises to illuminate the path to innovative futures thinking. During this engaging workshop, OEB participants will discover a quadrant framework for innovation that resonates with their unique work and context. Prepare to forge new links and to think differently about possible futures; to collaborate on and analyse potential future contexts and to bring them to your here and now.
What Awaits You:
- Collaborative Connections: Work with others collaboratively to forge new interpretations and strategic inferences for the future.
- Impactful Visions: Craft potent visions for desirable and feasible futures.
- Technology Insights: Develop appreciations of how emerging technologies can be harnessed and brought to bear on your here and now.
- Competitive Edge: Equip yourself with a strategic advantage through analysis of the opportunities provided by over the horizon or emergent technologies and organisational development to conquer new markets with new missions.
- Exploration: Venture into uncharted territories with fellow attendees to discover and visualise profound new potential futures.
- Artistic Interpretation: Our 'artist in residence' will attempt to capture and integrate and consolidate your visualisations, post event, into a new landscape that will be made available online for delegates to review.
Embrace the Future:
Leave this session brimming with confidence to embrace fresh, attainable ideas in your work and concepts. Your journey doesn't end here; you'll carry your unique imprint into the evolving landscape of innovation. Join us for a memorable finale that fuels your readiness to shape and embrace your considered future!
Managing & Visual Director, Education Alchemists Ltd, United Kingdom
Rod Angood, BA, MBA. is MD & Principal Visioning Director at Educational Alchemists (UK). Previously he held senior roles as Executive Director of Information Technology & Information Systems at two UK universities. His first career was as a Royal Naval Officer in the Submarine Service. He brings extensive experience of leadership development, strategy & organisation.
Rod is now an established Graphic Artist providing ‘Artist in Residence’ services to Carpe Diem & Futuring workshops, supporting keynote speeches with real time artistic images,and educators with pictures & diagrams that explore concepts, ideas & models.
CEO, Education Alchemists. Ltd, United Kingdom
Professor Salmon is the founder and CEO of Education Alchemists Ltd - formed around her life's work including Carpe Diem learning design, pedagogical transformation, online education, technology-enhanced teaching, the 5 stage model, e-tivities, and Education 4.0. Until recently Professor of Learning Transformation and pro-vice-chancellor at universities in the UK and Australia, she is now based in London with all workshops offered fully digitally and worldwide. She is a well-known keynote speaker and workshop leader. Her books E-moderating and E-tivities are considered seminal texts