Embracing Flexible Learning through Educational Podcasts: Sharing the Marketing Matters Experience
Date Thursday, Nov 24 Time – Room King
This Boardroom Dialogue is meant to guide those interested in creating or using educational podcast episodes and/or series by providing tips and tools in doing so. The dialogue will kick off with a 15 minute presentation about the Marketing Matters podcast experience. This presentation will be followed by a 45 minute conversation among the audience.
Agenda points presentation:
- Origination of the educational podcast project: embracing flexible education to cope with environmental circumstances and to adapt to evolving student needs.
- Introducing the solution: Integrating educational podcasts into learning journey.
- Project approach: How to create an educational podcast.
- Project evaluation by means of data collection among student population.
- Key take-aways & learnings.
- Future research and improvement
After the presentation, we will invite the audience to take part in a conversation about podcasting for educational purposes. The discussion points will be adjusted to the needs, input and questions from the audience.
- Produce podcasts tailored to educational purposes.
- Integrate podcasts (either self-produced or not) into the learning process.
- Evaluate the educational yield for students of integrating educational podcasts into a course.
Lecturer Marketing, Tilburg University, Netherlands
Carlie Rosmalen is Lecturer Marketing at the Tilburg School of Economics and Management (TiSEM). After working in the commercial field as marketer and product manager, she joined Tilburg University to teach various courses in the broader business and more applied marketing area. She teaches in several educational programs, such as the BSc. International Business Administration, MSc. Marketing Management, and Minor Marketing. She obtained a Talent of the Year Award (2020) and the Marketing Matters project covered in the current session was awarded with financial support from EDUiLAB (lab for educational innovation at Tilburg University).
Associate Dean, Academic Director, and Senior-Lecturer, Tilburg University
Jorna Leenheer Associate Dean Internationalization, Academic Director International Business Administration and Senior-Lecturer at Tilburg University’s School of Economics and Management.
After obtaining her Ph.D. in Marketing (TiU, 2044) she worked in research consultancy for circa ten years. She returned to the educational sector as Professor of Sustainable marketing at Avans University of Applied Sciences (2015-2018), after which she joined Tilburg University as a faculty member in 2018.