Pre-Conference Workshop M6
Storyboarding: Successful Student-Centred Online Learning
Date Wednesday, Nov 23 Time – Room Koepenick I/II/III Price: 90.00 € Status: fully booked
Professor & Principal Consultant , Education Alchemists Ltd, United Kingdom
Professor Salmon is the founder and CEO of Education Alchemists Ltd - formed around her life's work including Carpe Diem learning design, pedagogical transformation, online education, technology-enhanced teaching, the 5 stage model, e-tivities, and Education 4.0. Until recently Professor of Learning Transformation and pro-vice-chancellor at universities in the UK and Australia, she is now based in London with all workshops offered fully digitally and worldwide. She is a well-known keynote speaker and workshop leader. Her books E-moderating and E-tivities are considered seminal texts
Managing and Visual Director, Education Alchemists Ltd, United Kingdom
Rod Angood, BA, MBA. is MD & Principal Visioning Director. of Education Alchemists Ltd. Previously he held senior roles as Executive Director of Information Technology & Information Systems at two UK universities. His first career was as a Royal Naval Officer in the Submarine Service. He brings extensive experience of leadership development, strategy & organisation.
Rod is now an established Graphic Artist providing ‘Artist in Residence’ services to Carpe Diem & Futuring workshops, supporting keynote speeches with real time artistic images, & academics with pictures & diagrams that explore concepts, ideas & models.
An opportunity to acquire concepts, skills, and practice in rethinking a core element of designing for online or blend, based on Carpe Diem learning design.
All the concepts are based on very well-rehearsed, evidence-based learning turned into a highly practical workshop.
- Learn how to use the best of researched evidence to create online and blended learning.
- Learn how to collaborate with others to plan units, modules, and programmes quickly and effectively.
- Acquire shareable, scalable frameworks and processes suitable for designing education experiences at all levels, professions and disciplines.
- 10:30-11:00 Understanding of how to move from ‘emergency teaching’ to sustainable student-centred learning, from ‘aspiration’ to achieving quality learning.
- 11:00-11:30 Understanding and acquisition of knowledge of seminal concepts: 5 stage model, e-tivities, student engagement, equivalence.
- 11:30-13:00 Trials, feedback, and practice with others.
Professional developers, teachers and lecturers at all levels, corporate trainers, learning technologists, educational designers, librarians.
It is ideal for intermediate experience but also suitable for beginners and experienced.