Pre-Conference Workshop FD5
How to Easily Create and Use Videos for Teaching and Learning
Date Wednesday, Nov 27 Time – Room Rook and Knight Price: 170.00 € Status: fully booked
Technical University Berlin, Germany
Anja Wipper has been working as a trainer and consultant for e- and blended learning at Technische Universität Berlin since 2005. She studied work and instructional psychology and did further studies in university didactics, online learning and video production. As a member of the e-learning team, Anja gives courses and supports lecturers in the use of digital media to facilitate learning and motivate their students. Her specialities are: developing blended learning concepts, designing courses with learning management systems, creating learning videos and using online tools to enhance teaching and learning.
The deployment of audio and video offers various possibilities for enriching teaching. It can make learning more entertaining and help foster student engagement.
Appropriate audio and video can complement teaching while reducing the tedium of standard classroom sessions. Furthermore, careful scheduling of the activities can contribute to helping organise the learning process in a way that is more satisfying for both students and instructors.
This Workshop deals with the creation of short learning videos and their possible applications in teaching, with a particular focus on didactic factors.
Join the facilitators for an overview of the technical equipment required. Attendees will also have the opportunity to practice audio, video and screen recording for various teaching situations, as well as video editing and dissemination of the produced material.
- Learning videos - Types, scenarios and production workflow
- Voice recording - microphones, tips and tricks
- Practice I - Screen recording and voice narration
- Video capturing - Technical equipment, settings and rules
- Practice II - Recording a talking head
- Timeline editing, annotations and effects in Camtasia®
- Practice III - Post-production - Video and sound editing
- Cinema time - Presenting the workshop results
- Overview of didactic usage scenarios for learning videos
- Knowledge of technical equipment for recording audio, screen and video
- Producing and implementing small videos in various teaching settings
Who will benefit most?
Educators with a keen interest in getting started with or improving their skills in the realm of video and audio for classroom use (including, but not limited to e-learning project managers, school teachers, educational technologists, academics, teachers in training, researchers, etc.)