Interactive Breakout Session BUS37
Business EDUCA: Designing Rapid Solutions to Emerging Business Problems
Date Thursday, Dec 7 Time –
The key to successful change is people. In uncertain times, learning takes on new significance in terms of helping people to adapt to new roles or new ways of working and giving them the skills they need to be successful. Getting learning right at these times can give organisations and institutions an enormous competitive advantage, enabling them to be agile and adapt to new situations quickly.
So what does ‘right’ look like - and how can we as learning and development professionals evaluate the impact of learning offerings? How should we spend budget in a world full of data? How can we align key performance indicators with our organisations’ goals?
This interactive session will cover how to identify threats, problems and opportunities and how to design learning solutions that will enable a rapid and effective response. You will be expected to be active and will be encouraged to share experiences and help your colleagues with potential solutions through a series of activities.
Designing Rapid Solutions to Emerging Business Problems
Rob is a designer through and through who is fascinated by how we learn, what we remember and why. He is a great enthusiast of all that technology can offer to enhance learning and has completed a huge variety of projects in his 15 year career.
In 2005, Rob founded LAS, which has grown to become a multi award-winning digital learning company. He served on the Board of the eLearning Network for four years including two as the elected Chair. A regular conference speaker he is also the editor and co-author of the 'Really Useful eLearning Instruction Manual' published by Wiley and featuring contributions from the brightest and best elearning minds on both sides of the Atlantic.
From Development to Transformation and Retainment: Measuring the Organisational Impact of Learning
I am sharing the interest for learning, innovation and systemic development with customers and peers. With the degree of a Dipl.-Ing. (FH) [cp. Master of Engineering (M.Eng.)] in Media Technology, I am specialized in eLearning since 2007.
Aside of my job at LinkedIn, I am serving the Union of International Associations (UIA) as Member of the Executive Council, the European Commission (EC) as an external expert at for Erasmus+ and the OER community as an Open Education Europa Fellow.
Kapacht GmbH, Germany
- Currently working as Human Resources Manager with focus on HR Development for kapacht gmbh, Trade Marketing Agency of Volkswagen AG in Wolfsburg
- Initially studied Political Science at University of Kassel
- subsequently studied European Economics, Law and and Politics in a Masters Program at University of Marburg
- Co-Funding Member of a Start-Up in the Area of Online Video Production and Marketing
- left the Start-Up to study Human Resources Management at the Management School of University Kassel
- Worked in HR Departments of several industrial and service enterprises such as Volkswagen OTLG and SMA Solar Technology