OEB 2019 announces ‘Spotlight Stage’ lineup
The Spotlight Stage returns to OEB Global, Europe’s top education and learning technology event, Berlin, 27-29 November; Spotlight Stage to be opened by social age writer and commentator Julian Stodd; promises left-field inspiration, entertainment and provocation from edtech experts.
OEB has announced the lineup for its Spotlight Stage, running throughout OEB 2019 and offering a rolling programme with highlighted talks, interviews, debates and more, led by edtech experts.
The OEB Spotlight Stage is being opened by Julian Stodd, writer, artist, explorer and consultant at Sea Salt Learning, on Wednesday 27 November from 18:00 to 18:45.
“Julian will pick up this year’s overall topic at OEB 2019 - ‘Discovering Learning’ - and is the first of ten inspirational speakers who will take to the Spotlight Stage during OEB 2019,” explains Astrid Jaeger, OEB 2019 event director.
“To move beyond exploration to discovery is an exciting prospect and the idea of discovering learning within a world where learning now has no limits is thrilling. Julian’s session raises the bar high for the potential of technology enhanced learning and training by turning anticipation into action.”
In addition to OEB conference delegates, Julian Stodd’s opening session on the Spotlight Stage is open to the exhibition’s visitors and OEB is providing free drinks during this session.
“The Spotlight Stage promises left The full lineup of inspirational speakers who will take to the Spotlight Stage at OEB 2019 are:
- Julian Stodd, writer, artist, explorer, and consultant at Sea Salt Learning, UK: Spotlight Stage Plenary: “Discovering Learning”
- Mike Sharples, Emeritus Professor of Educational Technology at The Open University, Author and Lead of the "Innovating Pedagogy" Reports, UK: How to Design Digital Learning at Scale
- Eric Sheninger, International Center for Leadership in Education (ICLE), USA: Learning Transformed: 8 Keys for Designing Tomorrow's Schools, Today
- Amy Brann, Synaptic Potential, UK: Top Mistakes Made in Building a Learning Culture - and What to Do about Them Using Insights from Neuroscience
- Steve Wheeler, Learning Innovations Consultant, UK: Is There Space for Learning in the Workplace?
- Ulrich Weinberg, Director of HPI School of Design Thinking at Potsdam University, Germany: Design Thinking 4.0: First Steps towards a Post-disciplinary Future
- Nik Gowing, author, former BBC World News presenter and visiting professor at Kings College and Nanyang University, UK: Thinking the Unthinkable
- Harold Elletson, International Communications Consultant and Senior Fellow of the Institute for Statecraft
- Lizbeth Goodman, University College Dublin, SMARTlab Digital Media Institute, Ireland: AR, VR, MR... What is the Future of Inclusive Education Using XR Tools?
- Jef Staes, Red Monkey, Belgium: Social Validation, the end of the 'diploma paradigm'
-field inspiration, entertainment and provocation, and is available for delegates to pop in throughout the OEB 2019 event,” added Astrid Jaeger.
OEB 2019 takes place in Berlin from 27-29 November, and is the 25th edition of OEB which now incorporates Learning Technologies Germany. The complete OEB 2019 programme and agenda is available along with conference booking via the event website.
Notes for editors
OEB 2019 incorporating Learning Technologies Germany is the 25th global cross-sector conference and exhibition on technology-supported learning and training.
- A unique, cross-sector focus, fostering exchange between the corporate, education and public service sectors
- 2,500+ international learning professionals from over 70 countries, bringing together expertise and experiences
- 130+ exhibitors and sponsors, ranging from established global learning and technology market leaders to emerging edtech start-ups
- 120+ conference sessions in various formats: hands-on workshops, plenaries, interactive breakout sessions, discussions and debates, labs, demos and performances
- 20+ free exhibition seminars
The event is taking place at Berlin’s Hotel Intercontinental from November 27 - 29, 2019.
OEB Learning Technologies Europe GmbH, Leibnizstr. 32, 10625 Berlin, www.oeb.global
Platinum Sponsor: Proctorio, Squirrel AI Learning
Gold Sponsor: Microsoft Education
Silver Sponsors: AlphaPlus, Area9 Lyceum, D2L - Desire2Learn, Kryterion, Learnship, LinkedIn Learning, Panopto, PSI Online, SoftBank Robotic, Verif-y, VitalSource
Conference Sponsors: Mediasite - Sonic Foundry, Presentations 2Go, Speexx
Ms Astrid Jaeger
Tel.: +49 (0)30 726 213 309