- Excellent article from newmedia.org comprehensively explaining what game-based learning is and why it’s important for educating people now. http://bitly.com/ctJQnx
- Infographic: Do educational video games actually work? http://bit.ly/QVXGmJ
- What’s the difference between gamification and games? http://bit.ly/RdfsVQ
As MOOCs become ever bigger (even Google’s getting in on the act!), we find out why some think they might not have as big an impact:
- Are MOOCs being over-hyped? Nice publicity, shame about the pedagogy. http://bitly.com/R0C7m4
- Google enters into MOOC market http://bit.ly/T9nEJm
And finally, a great example of how technology can help education and improve peoples’ lives:
- Mobile app allowing births in Senegal to be registered easily and cheaply, meaning that children can obtain a birth certificate, which allows them to go to school/sit exams. http://bit.ly/QU1OJb
If you’re interested in finding out more about the future of the connection of education and technology in Africa, check out eLearning-Africa.com
Have you come across any remarkable or tweetable news about the state of ICT-enhanced education in your country or elsewhere? Share your thoughts with the OEB community on any or all of the following platforms:
- The ONLINE EDUCA BERLIN Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ONLINEEDUCABERLIN
- The ONLINE EDUCA BERLIN LinkedIn group
- ONLINE EDUCA BERLIN on Twitter: @OEBConference (#OEB12)
- And of course, you can fill in the comment box below.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!